End of your rope? Find your knot.



So what does happen if there is no knot at the end of your rope? What if when you get there it is slippery, your hands (or paws) won't hang on and you find yourself falling, falling, falling?

Have you experienced this? I bet you have. I bet we all have because life is full of moments that are potentially freaking scary and falling, falling, falling, is scary...until you realize that wait a minute, I always bounce. I always get up, find my way, claw back up to the top of the rope where hopefully there is a platform to stand and catch my breathe and maybe contemplate what the heck just happened and how can we NOT do THAT again?

Many times it isn't the circumstance that is happening but rather how you handle it that determines how well you live and how bounceable you really are.

This week I met with a client who, while knowing life had been extremely tumultuous for her, didn't realize her super power was resiliency. When I pointed this out to her, she was surprised but I could see the belief in herself showing up for perhaps the first time in this life. She has achieved many things in this life but hadn't realized she had that bounce factor and how amazing that really is for a calm, centered life.

If I've learned anything over the last eighteen months, it is to not get too caught up in whatever the experience or emotion is as it will probably bounce along as well if I keep centered. Centered may come after a pretty good crying session or a temper tantrum, in house, or after a good nap. It may come during a good workout or a chat with a friend. In whatever form it takes, it shows up because I have acknowledged that it is my knot. It is the superpower that helps me be in this world and be of service in this wonderful universe we have. No, it's not always easy, but who the heck promised life would be? I didn't see that line in the soul contract. How boring would that be anyway?

Learning to be bounceable (admit it, you just had a vision of a me bouncing) also known as trusting is where I learned I had a knot that I just couldn't see. I have also learned that all the other smaller trials and diversions helped me trust that whatever the outcome of an experience, I will be ok. I will be able to move forward and look for the next side road that shows up. Sure, it has been incredibly scary and tear producing but even that helped me to accept that sometimes things are just hard and that's ok. That knot will always be moving and may be invisible at other times but the knowing that I have it will be the strength that helps me hang on to that rope or cliff or side of the building. Ooooh, zip line. I want to do a zip line! Sorry, got distracted by the fun that life has to offer too.

So trust in ourselves and the universe eventually leads us to the knowing that whatever road we were on, we will eventually find our direction again and our endurance.


  • What is your rope? 
  • Is it your faith? 
  • Your belief in the universe? 
  • Your commitment to working out? 
  • Your track record of thriving through some tough times or are  you just developing it now and could use some help in tying your knot.


Ask yourself how have you made it through and eventually learned from past experiences? Also think of when you have seen others hold it together, or not, but move through trying experiences and advance themselves both emotionally and spiritually. What did they do that may inspire you to try?

However you find the knot, create a reminder that you have it. Place a sticker on your odometer, a reminder on your phone, a bracelet or something that says, hey, you have created a safe spot, why don't you use it? You do have your own knot of superpower. I know it. If you can't find it, come see me. I will introduce you.

Knot kidding....you rock,

Vicki

www.vickibaird.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment