How many lights do you have?


This last week has been very light filled for me. I started it with Lasik surgery, THAT is very bright, did fifteen sessions and finished it with a retreat of amazing women who were all very bright lights in their own beings. I had a thought while we were in meditation during the retreat that we all have this light within us and often turn it down to not blind others and in doing so get a little light constipated. Yes, this is the brilliance you can have too if you meditate. It's been said that everything in life comes back to poo, I'm starting to believe that it's true, even meditation!

We all have a light body, it is the essence that is our very soul. It is always present, yet often people are hesitant to show it. Perhaps it is because they are just unaware they have a light body to utilize. I feel like one of my roles here on this Earth is to bring that awareness to everyone, helping them realize that they do indeed have a beautiful light within and once it shines out, begins to demonstrate what the real purpose of being here is, love.

The vibration of love is different for everyone and I do believe is without explanation. It is something that just is. We can try to describe it with all of the cards, songs, poems, graffiti written on city walls, and still never really come up with words to eloquently describe it. How do you describe something that is so light filled and resonates at such a level, that it can take your breath away?

This vibration comes in many different frequencies. The light that is love can be the love for self, a partner, a pet, humanity as a whole, or an interest that comes from your very soul. It is as different as each of us are. Each refraction of the light that we have inside of us is a mirror of the love and the potential that we have to shine outside of us. How many lights do you have? Do you know? Do you allow yourself to feel that light and love for whatever it is you are witnessing?

Sometimes this isn't easy. I know I have held myself back for many decades because the depth of the feeling that is there can be overwhelming at times. I have learned to shift that overwhelming to a gratitude. Yes, it may still catch me off guard, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just discovering how many lights I possess. And let me tell you, it is fun!

Today when I stopped by to see my grandchildren, Gavin asked me to wait while he ran inside because he had something to show me. Now he didn't know I was writing this blog, nor would he have cared if he did know. Gavin is his own man. He lives to impress no one. After all he is five! What does he come out with? What was so important that he showed me, was a light sword. The sword was impressive on it's own. But then he touched the button and it became lit up with this wonderful green color. As the sword lit up, so did Gavin. He was so proud of it and as an extension he was allowing his light to beam everywhere. It was truly wonderful to see. Perhaps because I was willing to wait to see the light he had inside the home, I was gifted to see the light he had within. He also gave me a fist bump.


Do you have a magic sword? Do you need to find yourself a magic sword? What if this week you took the time to see how many different lights you have in your life? What if you gave yourself the gift to see your light and then you allowed that light to shine from within, blasted from your heart center out around you?  Imagine how wonderful that would feel.

Gavin didn't need to be taught how to shine his light today. He didn't need me to point it out. He knew on some level that if he connected with what his heart found joy in, he could shine his light brilliantly. I'm simply suggesting if a five-year-old is brave enough, aren't you?

I know I'm going to follow his example, take inventory and appreciate every light beam that I am privileged to have shown to me this weekend. Another benefit to this is as soon as you start to see the brightness around you, more brightness shows up. Is that cool?

I wish you a week of discovery, light, love and all the lights swords you can muster up.

Living brilliantly, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment