Life deserves a great toolkit!

Have you ever dug through the junk drawer to look for an allen wrench or that little tiny screwdriver that is only used to take the battery cover off of toys? Searching through the drawer reminds me of when we dig through our own wonderful selves to find the tools to understand our lives. I don't know about you, but I have totally used a screwdriver as a hammer before.

Using the whatever is a handy method that can work temporarily. For long term enjoyment of this life though, I believe we can learn to use the tools we have in an effective way. For example, for years I used self deprecating humor to get the insult in before someone else could. Eventually, I realized that felt awful and wasn't necessary. Humor is a wonderful gift and I couldn't see wasting it on beating myself up any longer. The tool of appreciation helped me shift that habit. I'm very good at laughing at things that come up or if I've done something that was a little silly and I love that about me. The days of bullying myself are over, thankfully.

Self appreciation is a tool that is in everyone's toolkit. Sometimes we just don't remember where we put it and how the heck to use it. Perhaps we haven't ever been taught it is more than ok to like oneself and then use that as a tool to help others.

Years ago I realized I wanted to help people to find what was in their toolkit. I can read the screen of someone's life for the rest of my life but the real fun comes when the person I am working with realizes they rock and are amazing. THAT is the best experience to be a part of. It is why I became certified as a coach and then in Belief Re-patterning (final certification pending. woo hoo!). When I add tools to my kit, I can share them, loan them out on occasion and figure out creative ways to bring them to the public.
  • What tools do you currently have in your kit?
  • Do you know? 
  • Is there a doohickey in there that you have no clue how to use? 
  • Do you have a difficult time even admitting you have tools?
  • Could you use help in identifying what you have and what you could add? 
On May 2nd, I will be co-leading a class with Tamlyn Hedemann. Some may remember her from a few years ago when she led a fantastic class on kinisiology. It was a very well attended class so when she was in town a few months ago we decided Pittsfield was ready for us again. This class will help you in all the areas indicated above and more. I am so excited to be able to double the skills and abilities by working with her again and offering it to you. There will be some tears, a lot of aha's and plenty of laughter, I promise you that.  Not only because humor is in my kit, but because Tam and I are a hoot together, if I do say so myself. 


In the meantime, how about you start doing a little inventory and check out what you have accumulated in your tool kit and see what you can build with it. If the tool is not serving you, perhaps you don't need an auger, be willing to recycle that baby and make room for some great gift of a tool. (A relationship that has passed it's time of effectiveness or a car that is limping along would be a good example of this.)

Taking my tools and heading out to build something!
Vicki



0 comments:

Post a Comment