Let's get active!

You know what is really exciting to me?  Someone (including myself) who says, "Vicki, (yes, I talk to myself.) I don't know what the heck I want but I know I don't want to live/feel/exist this way any longer."  Yay! So blissfully exciting to hear those words. Why? Because it means the person has realized where and how they are is not satisfying any longer and they want more. It is also where I get to help, if they so desire.

The soul comes into the experience to want more. To explore, expand and eventually evolve through wanting more. More knowledge, more love, more self awareness and sometimes more ice coffee. It's a real thing this ice coffee soul need. Truly.

It can be part of the human condition to acquire more stuff when the soul is really asking to be experiential. It is asking to stretch and bust out of that comfort zone. The brain reads it as I must want the newest car, or next video game or to date someone else. If one was willing to really listen to self, it would realize it isn't asking for material objects but rather a feeling. A feeling of connection.

I get that this can be confusing, believe me, I get it! So how can it be less confusing? Well, first you have to be an active participant in your own life. You have to be willing to see what doesn't completely line up and then be brave enough to say, I want more. Then after realizing you want more, you must be willing to create it.

I haven't found a magic pill, button or spell that will transform someone in a blink of an eye. Think of how boring that would be? Sure, the first ten times would be fun when you immediately manifested what you want, but I'd be willing to bet most people would go to the material again on that and eventually find it less fulfilling then they originally thought it would be. The reason it wouldn't be fulfilling is each of us wants that GO ME! moment. We all want to celebrate and be proud of ourselves and we stinking deserve that feeling and moment.

So, what are you not doing that could help you get to that go me moment? Are you an active participant in your life or are you floating along the river of wherever the current takes you?  An active participant has a few of the following tools in their toolkit:
  • They make decisions for themselves. They may consider another's input, but the decision comes from their own self. Whether this is where to go to dinner or what job to take or whom to date, it doesn't matter. It comes from within.
  • An active participant is always learning. They realize that we can't possibly know everything but there is no limit on what we can learn so a walk in the forest can be as educational as a PhD. 
  • An active participant feels lit up about their life. They know that there are ebbs and flows and that is what makes this life thing fun. There are opportunities everywhere and being excited about life brings them front and center. 
  • An active participant is able to separate someone else's experience from their own because they are completely aware of the space they occupy. Empathy and compassion are available, but sympathy does not get play time. They realize that if someone else is acting out or not living up to their potential, it is on the individual not anyone else. 
  • They also realize the entire world does not revolve around them so when another active participant makes a decision about their own life, it isn't because they don't have time for me/ love me/want what's best for me, wah wah wah

These are some of the ways one can check in on whether they are an active participant or not. There are millions more, I am sure. Be willing to take your own temperature and see if you are participating in your own life. I don't know about you, but when I croak and get to watch my movie of my life, I want to be able to say, Good job Vic, you were open and lived life to the fullest intention of your soul. High five! 

Actively enjoying my soul ice coffee this am, 
Vicki


0 comments:

Post a Comment