Help wanted...

People are often surprised when I say we choose to come here and do the work we are doing. They are even more surprised to hear we continue to do work on the other side. There is usually a groan involved here but on the soul level work, is not a four letter word. It is something that is exciting and celebrated. Wouldn't it be nice if we did that on this side? Celebrated growth and wanting to learn.

When I meet someone, in a reading format, the sound of their voice connects me to what their soul came here to learn this time around. It acts as a theme in their life. This started happening a few years ago and at first I couldn't determine what the heck purpose it served and then I realized when I pointed it out to people, they started relaxing as they had been living it without putting the dots together. The understanding that this life thing isn't accidental or something that happens to oneself can be powerful to hold.

My theme is balance, which if you were my personal trainer, you would have a fit of laughter right now. Perhaps I should tell him but then it wouldn't be so entertaining when I try to tell my head to tell my body to balance. It is like a message comes up that says "does not compute." Now, balance isn't all physical. It is emotional, energetic, spiritual, work to play and a whole host of other things that crop up quite often. The benefit of knowing this is when I feel out of balance or frustration I can be nice to me and acknowledge that this is a balance thing and to be patient (which is probably another theme for me to learn).

You don't need to have someone read for you to find your theme. Look around and see how you bump into things. What are your challenges? What takes you many times over to learn or perhaps you are still learning? (Hint: a life theme is a life long adventure. Get good with the repeating message at deeper levels.) It takes a certain level of honesty to be able to do this. You would have to observe yourself and how you interact with others and be able to see where you could have done things differently. It takes being able to look at it without judgment and then to create a form around it.

For instance, I have a client who is relationship challenged. Not just in intimate relationships but in all, with her siblings, co-workers, friends, neighbors and the list goes on. She is aware of this and is actually a very nice person. She came to me because she couldn't figure out what she was doing that was creating conflict wherever she goes. Without knowing this ahead of time, I pointed out that her soul path was to learn how to accept self and be willing to not know everything. I remember her heaving this big sigh and saying how hard that would be. This is where I point out, you don't have to do it by next week but you do have to get started if you want to enjoy this process we call being physical.

We started with a simple exercise of letting go of having to know everything. We can't. It's not possible. We, as souls, are here to learn and learn and learn so if you know everything, I promise you are not in a physical life. It wasn't simple of course, but she knew what I meant when I suggested it. Start there. Start by saying to someone, you know, I really don't know but I will find out for you. It is so stinking freeing to not know everything and it is exciting to get to learn something because you didn't know it in the first place.

There isn't anything wrong with her, she is in process and she will do the best she can with what she has. I truly believe we are all doing this and if we come from a place of understanding that we aren't paying back something karmically (don't EVEN get me started there!), or you don't have a curse or life just sucks, you can be empowered to do great things in your own life and then impact others.

So, how does it feel to know you were smart enough and brave enough to take on this human life experience and your soul completely knew you would rock it? Rather nice to feel supported by yourself rather than knocked down eh?

What if you took that energy into your life right now? What if you decided to fill the position that is created for you and you alone? What if you DID rock it? Oh man, that would be great!

Knowing the theme and applying it are collaborators in this dance. Once you feel it or know it, what is a step you could take to accomplishing it? For myself, I trusted that I would be supported financially this summer and have taken a scaled back schedule. It was scary at first but I knew that if I wasn't listening to my soul message, I couldn't ask others to do so either. I also believe that in the space I made, I have become more me than I have ever been. That is really cool to feel and I SOOOOOOO want everyone else to feel that too. We could have a "I heard my soul" party!

I wish you all the best in connecting to that help wanted advertisement your soul posted. I know you are the best one for the position of you. I mean, come on, you are perfect for the job!

Off to allow balance in all that I do,
Vicki

www.vickibaird.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment