Play..it isn't just for kids....thankfully.


One of the intentions I set for this year was to play more. Kids have fun, dogs have fun, any being that is capable of being in the moment, has fun. I want to be that being. At first this statement came out as a whine but luckily it has become a statement with an excited inflection, with practice and application. I realized I had arrived at that place when a client said to me "Vicki, I think you have fun no matter what you are doing." I stopped to think about it and said, yes, yes I do. Why? Because even though I know we are eternal and that life really isn't short, each incarnation is and I want to squeeze every bit of joy out of the experience I am in. That doesn't mean I am high energy all the time. Happiness can happen while being quiet and enjoying the rays of sun or the silly chipmunk that messes with the dog’s head because it knows he can't leave the fenced in area. Cracks me up every time. That joy is what I want to see when I do my life review on the other side. I want to know that I got what we are here to do, play, laugh, love, learn to move through sadness and experience all that is, without lamenting and getting stuck in our stuff.

Since this is my birthday month, I've decided to extend it beyond a simple day, I am using an acronym for play that works for me; Perfectly Loving Another Year! What would be your acronym? How could you support yourself by creating your own mantra to remind you to lighten up and be playful or full of play in this year? It doesn't have to be a big leap, you can start with Presently Liking A Yawn. Keep it simple but apply it to your life with a bit of movement to a higher vibrational frequency. (Neutral is higher than anger, frustration higher than that, joy higher than that, etc)

Look at the boys in the picture up top. Life is like that, up and down, hopefully with a bounce but there is no doubt there is gravity in our existence. How you address it determines how quickly you will move to a new emotion. Life isn't stagnant, don't you be.

I don't believe this is just a summer thing either. This is something we need to apply year round for our mental, physical and spiritual health. Laughter is such a great healer but you have to be willing to go there. Be childlike, love the life you have and then use your adult self to make it better and better and better. It can be if you want it to and if you apply a little action.

Now, I am off to picnic and whatever else I can get myself into on this gorgeous day. I hope you play a bit every day and connect to the REAL fountain of youth.

Bouncing off to higher frequencies,
Vicki


p.s. Play with those kids and teach them that adults don't have to be so serious and stuffy. Please!



0 comments:

Post a Comment