The relief of being small




This winter I had made the commitment to getting my feet in the ocean more than a few times this year. The ocean is always a recharging space for me. Yes, I am a Cancer sun sign but I think it is has more to do with my soul line up then when I chose to join this Earth space. I am familiar with the ionic action that happens in and above the ocean water and am impressed with the healing powers that is has but man, oh man, do I love the feeling of looking out into that vastness and feeling a part of it.

I took the time this summer on our vacation to feel what that was about. I sat in my chair with my feet buried in the sand, my version of a pedicure, and just felt what could be the connection. I realized after a while of being that it was that something bigger lets us be small and that's a relief to our systems.

For some it may be the idea of a deity or a God that does that for them. For others it may be a belief system in science, energy or whatever floats their boat. For myself, the idea of such a large body of water working so diligently to bring us balance through its salt formation and wonderful life forms that thrive in aquatic situations is just fascinating. I do subscribe to the belief of a higher power and that helps me maintain balance as well, but when you can see it, feel it and put your piggies in it, well, that surely must be heaven on Earth.

While we each strive to be more, more, more in our lives it gets exhausting to always be bigger than we were. We want the simplicity of life, but we listen to messages to have and be more. Quite the tug of war. Having a connection to something that is so much bigger but doesn't seem to question itself, to me, is very influential. I can take on the characteristic of that ocean and go with the flow (literally and figuratively) while trusting that all is well. I love that. I can feel my shoulders relaxing and an acceptance seep in. ahhhhhhhhh

What is your ocean? What brings you the peace of being small and allowing the grandness of something else to hold the larger space for just a bit? What shows you that while you can be that large and influential, right now your only job is to be? Do you have that? If not, what could you do today to seek that out and create a feeling of comfort. This is not about limitations at all. This is about allowing gratitude and grace, as well as, inspired energy to be present.

It doesn't take much to be in that space. First there must be knowledge, then acceptance, then perhaps a visual reminder so you can go there often when you forget that the keeper of the Universe's job has already been filled and you can relax for a bit.

I know you can do it and I also know that when we fill ourselves up, we have more to give. Much like the tides going in and out. They don't question, they follow a natural course for themselves and the impact on others is wonderful. So, fill er up and find that inspiration.

Still smelling the salt of the ocean in my own mind,
Vicki

0 comments:

Post a Comment