Who is on your team?

Years ago when I first started realizing I might be wired a bit differently, I found myself searching for a support network. I didn't necessarily need a group to meet with or a guru (careful of anyone touting themselves as such), what I felt I needed was understanding of what the heck was going on and why, all of a sudden it seemed, was I picking up on everything going on around me.

I have often joked that when our mother passed that she smacked me on the back of the head and said go ahead and do that thing you do, and so it began. It wasn't easy, as a matter of fact it was freaking hard to balance raising kids, a marriage that wasn't on it's strongest ground, two or three jobs and volunteer work. Never mind the element of over sensitivity and no where to go to understand it never mind work with it. But, as is evident all around me, the universe had my back. It started putting in place things that would help me learn. Thank goodness for Hay House radio and their products. I probably would have lost my mind if I didn't have what would become the community that supported my growth.

I was blessed at the time to be forming friendships, some that are better today than ever, with like minded people and those open to hearing my theories about life and what we are meant to do while here. They still humor me sometimes. :)

Eventually, I met up with my spirit guides. We all have spirit guides. They are souls who have walked the Earth before and have completed their need to incarnate so they become helpers. It is my belief that we are all striving for this place of eternal helper (with no ego. If you just groaned when you read that, say hello to your ego.) We are in touch with our guides at every moment, it is whether you are willing to participate in the conversation that determines the relationship.

At a particularly tough period in my life when I thought I had no support, I met my greatest guide, and thankfully he is patient because I didn't exactly do it with open arms. It took a bit for me to be comfortable with the idea that there was a being that knew my every thought and action. YIKES! Then I realized they don't align with our physical self, they will help that, but they are more connected to that which is not physical. Our emotional, mental, spiritual selves. PHEW!

We have a guide for every area of our life and when this was presented to me, I was a little slow on the uptake. I kept seeing in my minds eye a baseball team. I ignored it because I wasn't going to play baseball, our son had and my husband watched it a lot on tv so I just thought it was a memory of some sort. Then it was a bit too much to ignore and I got the reference, OH! I had a team. My very own team? Those that only have my highest interest at heart? Whoa! Sweet! Did I deserve that I thought. Turns out it doesn't matter. We all have them and they are here to help. So just accept it.

This is just one element of the team we travel with. We all have angels, we all have a solar, or guardian angel and we all have those who have crossed who, without their ego, are able to help without judgment and in joy and love. Do you call on your team? Did you know you had a team?

So often we get stubborn and become that three year old that says "I do it myself!" In that we don't realize that others really do want to help. That includes the people here in your life. They truly do want to help. Do you allow them to?

Life may still be challenging but it is a whole lot less so when you realize that you don't have to go it alone. Even those who are born and croak, (read: all of us) don't do it alone. We have help. Ask for it. They can't interfere so you must ask and don't think anything is too small. It's not. Ask. Try it today. The messages aren't always like billboard signs and obvious. Sometimes it takes a bit to get through to us but luckily they are so patient and hey, have no time constrictions, so will wait until we are able to ask.

Try this for this week at least. Ask for the help from the divine and from your support staff. You don't have to do it out loud. You can ask from your mind and your heart. Be willing to see that you matter and there are those that are truly wanting to help. It's kind of their job. A very satisfying job, so they'd like more to do please. :)

I am really not sure who needed to hear that they have a team available to them, but my team told me to write about this. One thing I have learned after all these years is to listen when they come right out and tell me to do something as it is very rare they are that bossy. I guess I didn't hear the first ten thousand suggestions. ha!

I hope you find comfort in this and begin to develop a dialogue with your team members. One thing I should mention is they will never say anything mean or derogatory . If you hear, feel or interpret that, you have just met the part of you that is afraid to grow. Give it a hug and ask for help from your compassion guide.

I wish you well in your communication and remember to have fun with it!

Going to have a chat with my team now,
Vicki

www.vickibaird.com


4 comments:

  1. I so needed that today. It was like you were talking directly to me. I so relate to everything you just wrote. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it spoke to you. My team is pretty good at dictation. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness I'm walking around with a team who can relate to sarcasm, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are yours so they will speak Stacey. :)

      Delete