Planning can be fun!

There is a great saying in coaching; when you fail to plan, you plan to fail, originally credited to Benjamin Franklin, that smart dude. While I don't believe we fail if we have learned from the experience, I do agree that a plan is very important. I know for years I was in survival mode and very often didn't have the energy to plan. This last year has helped me to realize that living that way was adding stress to my life rather than giving me the special go with the flow feeling I was looking for! 


So, this year I have created a business plan, an exercise plan, a prosperity plan and a joy plan. That is a lot of planning but what it really comes to is that I now have guidelines to help me thrive in life rather than being in survival mode. I don't know about you but I am about done with that survival thing. I mean, really, we aren't in the bush trying to make our way any longer, unless of course you choose that way of life, so why are we so focused on the surviving and not the thriving? 



Now, when I do a plan it is not written in stone. I like to be flexible and be open to brilliance. I can do this, I believe, because I have done the ground work of showing up for the other goals I have had in life. I have paid my bills every month so I know I have a good grasp on what goes into a prosperity plan. I work out on my own because I stuck in there when I didn't want to work out at all and now it is a way of life. So, the exercise plan is applicable. I have been in business for thirteen years, eight of that full-time employed without a structured plan so just imagine what could happen if I had one! 



The plans may not be in stone, but they are written down. Have you done this for 2015 yet? We are in the second month already. Whatcha waiting for? A magic planning fairy to come along? You may say you don't need a plan because you don't have your own business and that's fine but if you aren't planning in any way you are going to do extra work because you won't recognize a great idea or strategy when you see it. It is about being clear about what you would like in life and articulating it so it can start to manifest. See where I am going here? How about some examples of how you may be planning to fail without realizing it? 


  • You hand everything over to the universe or a higher power or you say things like God willing or if the force is with me. That is handing over power of your own ability to create. How about having a little faith that when you decide to plan, there will be a force providing an equal amount of support to help you move forward into happiness and success?
  • You do have a plan but you also have a plan B, C, D and E. The very idea of having a back up plan means you are planning to fail at plan A. Congratulations for having one, now believe in it and you!
  • Hanging out with those that are not supportive of your plan. Even if your plan is to orbit the sun without a spaceship, as long as it's not going to hurt another person, I support you.  I may suggest flying lessons, but I support you.  The people you hang out with can either infuse you with energy for life, or they can suck it out of you like a psychic vampire. Be selective about who you plan to be with. Plan to be happy so that it can happen!
  • Believing someone else or some opportunity is going to make you happy. They aren't. Plain and simple. What you want or who you want isn't going to make you happy. That is your job. The having of something isn't where the happy is or people would want one thing, get happy and never want another thing again. Happy is in internal process, not one to be filled by external circumstances. For example: When I get that job, I will be happy. When my tax return comes in, I will be gleeful.When she/he notices I like them, all my issues will go away. Um, no they won't but hey, don't listen to me, plan on that working long term...and then call me when it doesn't and we will create a plan for you that is complete with you realizing you are enough and what you would really like in your life. 
I believe with all my being that people do the best with what they have at the time. I know you are doing the same. I'm simply encouraging you to not settle within yourself with what you have at this time. Want more... be brave...be silly....be you. 


I happen to be fantastic at helping others create manageable plans that are in alignment with themselves, so if you need help, come see me. Until then I will be getting my papers, highlighters and fantastic ideas out to plan my next super brave move for me. I wonder what it will be.   :)

Learning to fly, 
Vicki

0 comments:

Post a Comment