Layers; not just for cakes!

I originally had another blog planned for today but when I was out with the dog today I had a thought and loved it so I asked my guides to let me remember it when I got home! A lot of times I will have an idea and it will go in one chakra and out the other. Have you ever had this happen? A brilliant idea pops in and then, whoop, it's gone! You aren't losing your memory, you are tapping into thought forms and your guides. Until it is landed in this realm it can be very challenging to retain. I either write it down or send myself a voice note. That's not the great idea but I thought you may want to know you aren't losing your marbles.


The idea that came in was when we were rounding mile three and even though it was only fifteen degrees outside, I was sweating in my four layer outfit. The sun was out! In February! In the Berkshires! I actually said out loud to Tank (because he never judges my thought process) "I am so looking forward to running without all these layers." Immediately I had a comment back to myself (Yes, it is sane to talk to oneself. If sanity were to be questioned it would be the comment about looking forward to running! ) that the clothes aren't the only layers that will be shed.


Now, I get very excited when I hear back that more change is happening but what really made me want to remember it was the idea of how many layers we have in our lives. You can layer your hair. You can order a layer cake. You can layer degrees on top of degrees in search of professional satisfaction and many people layer relationships in a bid to never be alone. We are fascinating, aren't we?



Do you feel like the little kid with so many layers on they can't even play in the snow? What layers are you carrying around and are they even your layers?



  • Are you hanging on to other people's beliefs about life? (Think parents, teachers, bosses, friends, network news, etc.)
  • Do you spend a lot of time wondering what others think of you? (Pssst, it's none of your business.)
  • Is a good part of your day spent worrying about things out of your control? (psst, it's all out of your control. Get good with that and life is a lot of fun.)
  • Are you depressed about the past and anxious about the future? (Staying in the present can solve that little dilemma.)
  • Is the critic in your head louder than the coach? (Spend some time with the coach and that will happen less.)
  • Do you layer up on commitments so you aren't spending time alone? (You are really pretty cool. Imagine if you learned to spend time with you and liked it?)
  • Are you not moving forward because you are waiting for someone else to even be aware they have layers? (Putting your life on hold for someone else never works....never!)
You get the point. We are multifaceted beings and are always going to have layers. How you layer yourself will determine how much you enjoy this life process. When applying layers be sure they are supportive. That they make you stronger, much like sedimentary rock. The more supportive layers you put on, the stronger you get. 



Be choosy about your layers. Be willing to pass on the layers that may make you overheat or be willing to strip those puppies off while in route to your amazing life! 

As for me, I am still looking forward to the running without two pairs of pants on, but am so grateful for the analogy that had me looking at my layers today! I wish you the same fun process. 

Promoting the loving layers, 
Vicki



0 comments:

Post a Comment