Be of casual voice.

Sometimes when I'm doing a session I will hear something come out of my mouth that I'm not even aware I'm about to say. It is both a great source of entertainment and amazement, as well as, a challenge sometimes as then I have to follow it up with some information or advice when I've just heard the subject matter myself.  It is definitely helped me to think on my feet. Any communication that I have I want to come from a conscious place so when I'm hearing the idea for the first time and wanted to be conscious about my communication, it takes a great deal of trust within the process, as well as, my own intelligence.

One of the things I heard myself say a couple weeks ago to someone was "when you have to have a conversation that seems challenging, be of casual voice". She started laughing and said I have no idea what the hell that means. I joined her in her laughter and said well neither do I, but let's figure it out.

It really wasn't very difficult to figure out once I stopped to feel what the words were communicating. All words have vibration and we often forget that when we use them. We forget when we're communicating that were also sending emotion, turmoil, love or confusion. I believe if we would all pause long enough to feel what we were saying, we would communicate in a much more authentic way.

I appreciated this message though because when I had to have a conversation that seemed a bit difficult to even get out of my mouth, I remember to use the casual voice. The casual voice is not one that is slang, laid-back, or without feeling. It has a great deal of feeling in it but it doesn't carry the inflection of whatever conflict may be going on within self. 

Granted it takes practice to be able to communicate in a way that removes the connection to the outcome but it's worth the practice. When you have to have a conversation that seems difficult, give yourself the gift of dialing back your emotions, being calm, maybe taking a breath, and then make the statements or request with a neutral voice. 

We move so fast in our society that we often do the answer for the other person before we've even had the communication. Have you found yourself doing this? You intend to ask somebody a question and you have already answered it in your mind so what is the point of having the conversation in the first place?  Either save yourself the time and trouble of asking or be open to what the other person is going to respond with.

I say it often and I apply it often, we are in charge of the delivery, we are not in charge of the reception. So part of this delivery includes being able to use a voice that is respectful, casual, and open to whatever the other person is going to respond with. If you set up how you think they will respond ahead of time, you are helping to manifest the outcome that your limiting belief systems may have created. Expect a no, get a no. It's not all the other persons doing. 

Give yourself the gift of casual voice this week. Say things and communicate without expectation. Show up in a clean energy completely open to what the other person may bring to the table. This can really help to enhance partnership, understanding, and productivity. Perhaps most important is that it will bring a sense of calm to your own life. Wouldn't that be nice?

Casually dancing through this thing called life,
Vicki

0 comments:

Post a Comment