Do you own an inner chatterbox?

Following my own advice in the last blog, I have been specializing in self-care. I think it is very important to do your research and to be able to know how challenging AND rewarding something is if you are going to offer it for advice. Kind of like trying a recipe before you serve it to guests.

This week I had a massage, went to bed every night around ten pm and had an advanced craniosacral session on Thursday. I also worked out and then was nice to myself when I didn’t want to work out one afternoon. I did vacuum the house and considered that a workout though. Shouldn’t it be considered a workout? I think so!

While I was doing all of these things, I had to deal with the chatterbox in my head that kept saying, who do you think you are indulging in this care? Don’t you think you should pay down a bill, invest the money or adopt an elephant through one of those programs? Even after all the processing and work and inventory I have done on myself, this voice still comes up from time to time. So I did what I do when that inner critic shows up, I talked nicely to it and suggested it take a nap!

Why is it so hard for us to take care of us? Where is the off switch to that programming? I have found the pause button but the off seems elusive. The Belief Re-patterning has definitely helped in that area and more and the rest is ok because it keeps me honest and intentional about my connection to me.

Do you have that voice inside that wants to keep you stuck in old patterns? The one that thinks it is giving the best advice, but it really isn’t? This is the inner critic or gremlin as I like to call it from time to time. The inner critic is an aspect of us that I believe has been taught. None of us as a soul came in with a self-deprecating, sabotaging voice. We learned it through well-meaning people and sometimes, not so well-meaning, but from outside sources none the less. Isn’t it about time that we start to be in charge of the voices in our head?

There is a new movie out called Inside Out that speaks to the idea of the voices in our head. I can’t wait to see it because intuitively, I feel it is going to be amazing. I am so grateful we can talk about the voices in our heads and not be seen as a psychiatric issue but rather a fully diverse and sometimes complex human.

The inner critic has a co-worker that is often referred to as the inner coach or the supportive voice. On a daily basis I ask myself which one do I want to support, the unsupported or the supportive?  I figure if I put a bra on every day to support my gals, my voice may as well be supportive too! (Sorry for the visual on that one but I thought it was a funny metaphor.)

Which voice do you listen to? How do you practice self-care when it comes to your inner dialogue? What if, for today, you decided to support the supportive side of communicating with self? No one else is going to be able to hear you talking nicely to yourself. They may recognize that your face looks softer, your eyes are happy and your vibration is amazing, but hear inside your head? No, you are good on that one.

Give it a try would you? For today’s self-care, say something that you believe to be true and that can help you support an amazing life to be part of. If it is challenging to come up with something, lead with the phrase “I am learning..”. Suze Casey, developer of Belief Re-patterning, introduced me to this concept and I use it A LOT!  So if:


  • I love myself is difficult to say…. I am learning to love myself may be more accepting.
  • I am organized and life flows around me….I am learning to be organized and am excited to see life flow as a result.
  • I have talents galore…..I am learning to see my many talents.
You get the point. It is a way to ease yourself into self care and to learn the communication style that will not only support you but give you a whole new way of seeing self. I truly believe if we learn to like ourselves, it will go out exponentially and effect the rest of the universe.

I believe in you and I know life does too. Join us in believing in yourself too, won’t you?

Having conversations in my head and laughing out loud,

Vicki

0 comments:

Post a Comment